Capsule Ryokan Kyoto
Posted on 9 December 2011
Length of stay: 5 nights (Oct 2010)
Rates: 3500Y (per capsule per night)
Nearest train / subway station: Kyoto Station (10 min walk)
Capsule Ryokan Kyoto is probably the best place to experience the unique capsule hotel culture in Japan + somewhat ryokan-ish accommodation with low price. The room I stayed on ground floor has 8 capsules, each capsule completes with TV, internet access, lights and plug point. Besides the first night there was a guy snored quite badly (couldn’t sleep!), it was a pleasant stay overall. The staffs happily answered all my queries, including helping me to search for the nearest Yamato Takkyubin counter (which is just very nearby) with a small fee, 100Y if I remember correctly – fair enough, given it’s an extra service coming from a budget accommodation.
- The capsule is quite spacious, well at least for me
- Clean and smoke free
- Not too hard to find (with map)
- Not too far from Kyoto Station and bus stop
- Friendly English speaking staffs
- 24hrs eateries and convenience stores nearby
- The room has no space for large luggage (backpacks are small enough to keep in the room lockers), so I had to keep mine in luggage storage near reception counter. I don’t really mind to lug the luggage in and out of the room each time I need it (kept myself to do it just once a day), but I guess it can be quite inconvenient for the others.
How To Get There
- Just follow the map provided in their website, it’s about 10 min walk from Kyoto Station